Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Living Well #1

This is my first post for Living Well. I forgot to weight this morning, so I am going to try to rememeber to do this in the morning and work on what I put in my mouth this week. I want to try to walk at least 3 times this week. My daughter's Senior Prom is Saturday and I am really busy with getting things ready for this. She graduates in May and I would really like to be 10 to 15 lbs lighter by then. I am also directing my friends daughter's wedding in Aug. If all this don't motivate me to lose some of the pounds I don't know what will.
I don't really know what happened to me. I know I didn't wake up one day and discover I was a lot bigger. But, it almost feels that way. LOL I know I didn't put all this on overnight and it will take some time to get it off. Hopefully, this will be a good place to start for motivation and encouragment.
Okay Ladies ....here goes. Wish me luck!!

P.S. I tried to post the button for Living Well and I couldn't make it work. Oh well, maybe next time. If you are interested in the link it is futher down on my page to the left.

6 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

I'm so happy you joined us, and I love your name! :)

A senior prom is so exciting, my daughter (only 10) can't wait.

This group motivates me every week, and when I have a tough week, just writing the post seems to encourage me.

I'll be praying for you, as I do all of the live well ladies.

A Stone Gatherer said...

I'm with you! I have a wedding in May I would love to be 10lbs lighter for! I'm not pushing it though, just taking one day at a time with Him!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I was confused at first when I seen Darlene posted 2 comments to me on one post. But now I realize because there are 2 Darlenes. LOL. Welcome on board! I wish you the best with your weight loss. I hope the prom is wonderful too!

B. said...

Welcome to Live well Wednesday! I know you will really enjoy it here. This is a great bunch of encouraging ladies who are choosing to live well. I think it is a really big help just to have some organization/structure- and this group is one place that adds that to your living well journey.

I too, like you, seem to have woke up one day and said to myself... what happened to me?! I lost 30 pounds for my wedding about 3 years ago, but keep putting the 10 pounds back on, then losing it, then back on again... this is my last go around with the same 10 pounds. I have about 3 left to lose! I am on weight watcers.

Slow is the best way.

You can do it!

PS... I have been praying for your beautiful daughter too!

Marsha said...

Hi Darlene! Welcome aboard!

I was reading your blog and we seem to have quite a bit in common. I also teach at-risk students. I also 'do' weddings! Sometime when you're over at my place, check out the label Appalachian Culture. Now that is not a typical wedding! This one was extreme you might say. Most of the others are more traditional.

You have some great goals set before you. Keep it up!

Have a blessed week.

Suzie said...

I'm so glad you joined us!

You'll be encouraged by the support you receive here.

I'll be praying for your success.

Suzie