Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Anchor Holds

I have always used songs to help me through different things in my life. In Dec.07 when so much was happening in my family; I would sing real loud in my car to Casting Crowns song PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM. I know people who looked at me going down the road thought "that woman is crazy" but I didn't care. It was just me and God and I was pouring it out to HIM. This past couple of weeks things have been going on in my family and for some reason the song THE ANCHOR HOLDS kept popping in my head. I have this song on CD by Merrell Osmond. (I was a huge Donny and Marie fan). Anyway, I have played this song over and over these past weeks and again I would sing in my car to the top of my lungs! I guess I think God is deaf when I am going through things. LOL I want to share the words with you.
The Anchor Holds
vs 1
I have journeyed through the long dark night
out on the open sea
by faith alone
sight unknown
and yet his eyes were watching me

Chorus
The anchor holds
though the ship is battered
the anchor holds
though the sails are torn
I have fallen on my knees
as I faced the raging seas
the anchor holds
in spite of the storm

vs2
I've had visions
I've had dreams
I've even held them in my hand
but I never knew
they would slip right through
like they were only grains of sand

chorus

vs 3
I have been young
but I am older now
and there has been beauty these eyes have seen
but it was the night
through the storms in my life
ohh thats where God proved his love to me

chorus.

In the song on the chorus instead of faced I would say face (in present tense) also on the 2nd verser what it says about vision and dreams and holding in my hand....I would picture my sweet daughter as a baby and how Joey and I would talk about our plans and dreams for her. I know these change and while Andrea has different plans I know that THE ANCHOR HOLDS and this ship (my family) has been battered and torn but with God as the captain I know somehow...someway we will be okay.

The ship is still in the raging seas....but, I can see calm waters ahead. For those who have prayed and encouraged us I am so thankful for each and everyone of you. Keep praying for us.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

I love that song too, and the Lord reminded me of it last week I think, I am so glad that my anchor is in the LORD and that it holds no matter what storms come.

We will make it through these storms, and be stronger in our faith for it. And none of it will be in vain, because I am certain that God will send people across our paths who are experiencing the same storms we are in now and we will be able to use the comfort we received from God to comfort others.

Praise God that our God is the God of all comfort!!

Technonana said...

Oh Sweetie... you are not alone with the singing thing... I'm sure that I have frightened folks as I sing, expecially praise songs, I can't help putting my hands up in the air!!! I love... Praise Him in this Storm!! And the song that says,'sometimes He calms the storm, and sometimes He calms His child!! Oh Child, climb up into His lap and Hang ON!!! My sweet little girl spoke about these times on her blog today... SweetSouthernPearl.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this song. I have the Ray Bolz version. Another song you might really enjoy is The Hammer Holds by Bebo Norman. You can Imeem search it and listen to it there.

Anonymous said...

Happy Saturday morning. I love the
son My Anchor Holds.I have found this to be so true..I have gone through many storms in life...from
divorce to my 26 year old daughter
dying...When dncouragement is needed just look at my life.

June

eph2810 said...

I have never heard about this song "The Anchor Holds" - thank you for sharing the word - they are beautiful.
I am like you, if I go through a taught time - I sing to certain song (currently it is 'Lifesong' by Casting Crowns) over and over...

Thank you for sharing your heart...